Areas of focus for Transformation Plan
The IHN-CCO Transformation Plan addresses eight fundamental areas of focus:
- Integration of care: Developing and implementing a health care delivery model that integrates mental health and physical health care and addictions and dental health, when dental services are included. This plan must specifically address the needs of individuals with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Patient-Centered Primary Care Home: Continuing implementation and development of Patient-Centered Primary Care Homes (PCPCH).
- Alternative payment methodologies: Implementing consistent alternative payment methodologies that align payment with health outcomes.
- Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP): Preparing a strategy for developing Contractor’s CHA and adopting an annual CHIP consistent with ORS 414.627. Learn more about the CHIP.
- Electronic health records: Develop a plan for encouraging electronic health records, health information exchange, and meaningful use.
- Communications, outreach and member engagement: Ensuring communications, outreach, member engagement, and services are tailored to cultural, health literacy, and linguistic needs.
- Meeting the culturally diverse needs of members: Ensuring that the culturally diverse needs of members are met (cultural competence training, provider composition reflects member diversity, Certified Traditional Health Workers and Traditional Health Workers composition reflects member diversity).
- Eliminating racial, ethnic and linguistic disparities: Developing a quality improvement plan focused on eliminating racial, ethnic and linguistic disparities in access, quality of care, experience of care, and outcomes.