Purpose of the Delivery System Transformation Committee
- Promote and strengthen partnerships and create new linkages that support transformation of the healthcare delivery system in the tri-county region through collaborative workgroups and pilots.
- Expand and integrate collaborative partnerships that are aligned with CCO goals and the Triple Aim.
- Promote, foster, support, share innovation, and expand the model of the Patient Centered Primary Care Home as the foundation of the CCO’s transformation of health care delivery.
What is transformation?
Transformation as defined by the Delivery System Transformation Committee is keeping the Patient-Centered Primary Care Home at the center of healthcare delivery, but includes creating different relationships, community connections, and linkages outside of the traditional health services setting. Transformation pilots should include upstream health and be willing to risk trying something different.
Areas of strategic focus
The DST is interested in testing new and innovative methods of transforming the healthcare system as well as spreading promising practices through pilot projects. The focus areas of Access, Behavioral Health, and Social Determinants of Health are from the IHN-CCO Community Advisory Council’s Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) Health Impact Areas. This Request for Proposal has three components:
- Innovative strategies that transform healthcare in the following areas:
a. Access: Traditional Health Workers
b. Behavioral Health: Integration
c. Social Determinants of Health: Food Security, Housing, Transportation
- Partners in the housing sector that will support traditional health workers (THWs) to connect members to supportive services. The main goal of this will be to increase the number of THWs in the housing sector by at least one per county.
- Partners that will spread the promising practices of past successful pilots in the areas of Access, Behavioral Health, and Social Determinants of Health.
Additional priority areas and requirements can be found in the Pilot Proposal Guidelines.
Submit a Letter of Intent
Please download the following documents when submitting the required letter of intent:
Letter of Intent Form (Word version to fill out)
To submit the required Letter of Intent, please complete this template and submit it to Transformation@samhealth.org by June 1, 2020 at 8 a.m.
|Pilot Proposal Guidelines||Please reference this document for information on funding requirements if the pilot is invited to present to the Delivery System Transformation Committee.
|Pilot Proposal Timeline||Proposal timeline from the Request for Proposal to funding decisions.
Question and Answer (Q&A) Session
A useful resource for potential pilot proposers, an open-house style Q&A session will be offered:
Dates: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
Time: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Location: Contact Transformation@samhealth.org
Delivery System Transformation Committee Meeting
It is highly recommended that potential pilot proposers attend the Delivery System Transformation Committee meetings to connect, network, and learn about other transformation efforts in the community. The meetings occur every other Thursday.