Interpreter help at your appointments
You can have a language or sign language interpreter at your appointments if you want one. When you call for an appointment, tell your provider's office that you need an interpreter and in which language. Information on Health Care Interpreters can be found here.
To make sure that an interpreter will be at your appointment, please have this information ready when you call:
- The name of the person or persons the appointment is for
- The member's ID number
- A home phone number
- The date and time of the appointment
- The name of the health care provider
- The full address of the appointment
- The phone number of the provider's office
- The reason for the appointment
To arrange an interpreter, please contact IHN-CCO's Customer Service Department. Call at least three days before your appointment and have the information above ready. If you cannot keep the appointment, call us right away.