Samaritan Health Services operates InterCommunity Health Network Coordinated Care Organization (IHN-CCO), which serves Oregon Health Plan members in Benton, Lincoln and Linn counties. When developing Samaritan’s Equity and Inclusion Plan, the Equity and Inclusion council took into consideration the priorities of the state’s health equity framework that was developed for and by Oregon’s CCO plans. These elements include:
- Establishing a governance system to promote health equity among CCO members and employees.
- Implementing equity and inclusion – related employee recruitment and retention strategies.
- Launching an organization – wide training and education plan.
- Ensuring member access to high quality language services.
- Using related demographic data to develop and measure the plan’s priorities and progress.
- Establishing an equity and inclusion – related grievance and appeal system.
The Equity and Inclusion Plan reflects our intent to better understand and address issues related to race, ethnicity gender, culture, socioeconomic status, language, sexual orientation, age, spirituality and literacy in those with whom we work and for whom we care.