How can these services help me?
Traditional health workers can help with making appointments, finding a ride to appointments, access to food, finding childcare and getting screening tests. They are often able to come to your home to help you.
What types of traditional health workers are there?
- Birth Doula: Provides support to you and your family during pregnancy, childbirth and after giving birth.
- Community Health Worker: Helps you adopt healthy behaviors and navigate the health care system.
- Certified Recovery Mentor: Focuses on supporting you through recovery from addiction and has personal experience with addiction.
- Personal Health Navigator: Provides information, assistance, tools and support to help you make the best health care decisions.
- Peer Support Specialist: Focuses on supporting you through recovery from addiction and/or mental health conditions.
- Peer Wellness Specialist: Works as part of a person-driven, health care team, they combine your behavioral health and your primary care needs to assist and advocate for you in achieving well-being.
Peer support specialists and peer wellness specialists know what you are going through. They either have experience with mental health or addiction treatment; or have faced difficulties in accessing education, health and wellness services due to mental health or behavioral health barriers.
How do I learn more and get connected to a traditional health worker?
Please contact our Traditional Health Worker Liaison at 541-768-4550 or toll free at 800-832-4580. TTY users 800-735-2900 to learn more about traditional health workers and how any of these types of providers can help you.